SHIFT ON YOUTH LANGUAGE IN FACEBOOK

Manalu, Juli Etha R (2012) SHIFT ON YOUTH LANGUAGE IN FACEBOOK. Undergraduate thesis, UNIMED.

[img]
Preview
Text
1. NIM 08222810006 COVER.pdf - Published Version

Download (85kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
2. NIM 08222810006 LEMBAR PENGESAHAN.pdf - Published Version

Download (2MB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
3. NIM 08222810006 ABSTRAK.pdf - Published Version

Download (27kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
4. NIM 08222810006 KATA PENGANTAR.pdf - Published Version

Download (29kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
5. NIM 08222810006 TABLE CONTENT.pdf - Published Version

Download (32kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
6. NIM 08222810006 LIST OF APENDIC.pdf - Published Version

Download (26kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
7. NIM 08222810006 CHAPTER I.pdf - Published Version

Download (447kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
8. NIM 08222810006 CHAPTER V.pdf - Published Version

Download (170kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
9. NIM 08222810006 REFERENCES.pdf - Published Version

Download (173kB) | Preview

Abstract

This Study Deals with the Shift of youth language in facebook. The Objective of the study are to find out the types or character of youth language in facebook status, to find out the dominant type of youth language in Facebook status, and to describe the implication of the most dominant type of youth language in facebook status. This study was conducted by using descriptive qualitative method. The data was collected from the facebook status in two separate weeks. The data was analyzed by the type of the newest youth language ( Bahasa alay). The findings found that there are four types of the writing of bahasa alay that are usually used in the status and they are additional letter 15 status (32, 61%), put capital letters among the letters in a word 4 status (8, 69%), Alay terms 19 status (41, 36%), replace letter with number 3 status (6, 52%). Sometimes the facebook user combine the style and the percentation of the status with the style combination is 10, 88% ( 5 status). The use of alay term is the most dominant in the whole status. It is happened because each time the new language appear there will be new terms occur, and usually people choose to use the new terms to disguise the real meaning or to express their idea by their own way.

Item Type: Thesis (Undergraduate)
Contributors:
ContributionNameNIP
Thesis advisorGinting, Elia Masa195807071985031007
Call Number: 420 Man s
Keywords: Gender; Ethicity; Cosial; Ekonomi
Subjects: P Language and Literature > P Philology. Linguistics > P101 Language. Linguistic theory. Comparative grammar
P Language and Literature > P Philology. Linguistics > P87 Communication. Mass media
Divisions: Fakultas Bahasa dan Seni > Sastra Inggris
Depositing User: Mrs Gusti Lisa Utami
Date Deposited: 02 Sep 2016 04:13
URI: http://digilib.unimed.ac.id/id/eprint/16802

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item