Sea Dump; Multi Function Waste Supply Tool Design to Reduce Belawan Sea Pollution

Zubir, Moondra (2019) Sea Dump; Multi Function Waste Supply Tool Design to Reduce Belawan Sea Pollution. International Journal of Sciences : Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR), 47 (2). pp. 31-37. ISSN 2307-4531

[thumbnail of Similaritas.pdf]
Similaritas.pdf - Published Version

Download (2MB) | Preview
[thumbnail of Proses Submit.pdf]
Proses Submit.pdf - Published Version

Download (880kB) | Preview
[thumbnail of Reviewer.pdf]
Reviewer.pdf - Published Version

Download (282kB) | Preview


Belawan Sea are a very dense water area with industrial activities, shipping and human activities. Damage to marine ecosystems continues to increase as the amount of marine waste increases. It is estimated that around 80% of the waste in the sea comes from human activities on land and the remaining 20% comes from activities in the sea. The presence of plastic waste as solid waste is very dominant, with almost 60-80% of the total marine waste. Other marine waste which is a serious concern is oil and heavy metal waste originating from industrial activities. Belawan sea as an international standard port area are flanked by the mouth of the Belawan River and Deli River and receive domestic and non-domestic industrial waste from the river flow. Therefore, to overcome the problem of sea pollution, we designed Sea-Dump. This tool with the principle of desludging is multi-functional because it can carry out screening operations for solid waste such as plastic waste and absorb the liquid waste such as lead (Pb) and oil at once. Sea-Dump is applicable, effective and economical because it can be installed independently on fishing boats. Thus, the condition of the Belawan marine environment becomes conducive and beneficial for marine biota, fishermen, and surrounding communities.

Item Type: Article
Keywords: Belawan sea pollution; Sea-dump; Plastic waste; Heavy metals; Oil waste
Subjects: G Geography. Anthropology. Recreation > GC Oceanography
G Geography. Anthropology. Recreation > GC Oceanography > GC1080 Marine pollution. Sea water pollution
Divisions: Fakultas Matematika dan Ilmu Pengetahuan Alam > Kimia
Depositing User: Mrs Elsya Fitri Utami
Date Deposited: 24 Feb 2020 05:21
Last Modified: 16 Mar 2020 06:55

Actions (login required)

View Item
View Item