Analysis of Factors That Influence the Interdition of District/City in the Province North Sumatra

Isra, Muhammad Yulhelmy (2019) Analysis of Factors That Influence the Interdition of District/City in the Province North Sumatra. In: Proceedings of The 4th Annual International Seminar on Transformative Education and Educational Leadership (AISTEEL), 23 – 24 September 2019, Garuda Plaza Hotel, Medan,.

[img]
Preview
Text
Cover.pdf - Published Version

Download (544kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
full text.pdf - Published Version

Download (566kB) | Preview
Official URL: http://aisteel2019.unimed.ac.id/wp-content/uploads...

Abstract

This study aims to determine the effect of the Human Development Index (HDI), Economic Growth, Poor Population, Government Expenditures on Health Education and Government Expenditures on inequality between regions in North Sumatra. The analytical method used in this study is a descriptive analysis method and also the method of multiple regression analysis with the Fixed Effect method using panel data from 33 districts/cities from 2012-2016. The data of this study are secondary data originating from the Central Sumatra Provincial Statistics Agency and the Directorate General of Fiscal Balance, the Ministry of Finance which was downloaded through the official website of each institution. The results showed that economic growth, the number of poor people, and government expenditure in the health sector had a positive and significant effect on income inequality in North Sumatra. While government spending in education has a negative and significant effect on income inequality in North Sumatra. The variable Human Development Index (HDI) has a negative and insignificant effect on income inequality in the North Sumatra region. The estimation results also show that the variation in the change in the value of the non-inequality-free variable can be explained simultaneously by the independent variables namely the variables of HDI, PE, PO, DP, and DK of 99.42% while the remaining 0.58% is explained by factors others that are not included in the model.

Item Type: Conference or Workshop Item (Paper)
Keywords: Inequality; HDI, Economic Growth, Poor Population; Government Expenditures in Education and Health
Subjects: H Social Sciences > HB Economic Theory. Demography
H Social Sciences > HB Economic Theory. Demography > HB71 Economics as a science
H Social Sciences > HB Economic Theory. Demography > HB75 History of economics. History of economic theory
H Social Sciences > HB Economic Theory. Demography > HB848 Demography. Population. Vital events
H Social Sciences > HC Economic History and Conditions
L Education > LC Special aspects of education
Divisions: Program Pasca Sarjana
Depositing User: Mrs Catur Dedek Khadijah
Date Deposited: 05 Mar 2020 07:49
URI: http://digilib.unimed.ac.id/id/eprint/38766

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item