SPEAKING CLASSROOM INTERACTION BASED ON INITIATION-RESPONSE-FEEDBACK (IRF) MODEL FOR GRADE VIII AT SMP NEGERI 16 MEDAN

MANALU, EKAM SEHARI (2019) SPEAKING CLASSROOM INTERACTION BASED ON INITIATION-RESPONSE-FEEDBACK (IRF) MODEL FOR GRADE VIII AT SMP NEGERI 16 MEDAN. Undergraduate thesis, Universitas Negeri Medan.

[img]
Preview
Text
1. NIM. 2152121009 COVER.pdf - Published Version

Download (128kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
2. NIM. 2152121009 APPROVAL SHEET.pdf - Published Version

Download (452kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
3. NIM. 2152121009 ABSTRACT.pdf - Published Version

Download (184kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
4. NIM. 2152121009 PREFACE.pdf - Published Version

Download (163kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
5. NIM. 2152121009 TABLE OF CONTENT.pdf - Published Version

Download (151kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
6. NIM. 2152121009 TABLES.pdf - Published Version

Download (181kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
7. NIM. 2152121009 ILLUSTRATION.pdf - Published Version

Download (176kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
8. NIM. 2152121009 APPENDICES.pdf - Published Version

Download (178kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
9. NIM. 2152121009 CHAPTER I.pdf - Published Version

Download (309kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
13. NIM. 2152121009 CHAPTER V.pdf - Published Version

Download (209kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
14. NIM. 2152121009 BIBLIOGRAPHY.pdf - Published Version

Download (305kB) | Preview

Abstract

This study was about Speaking Classroom Interaction Based on Initiation-Response-Feedback (IRF) Model for Grade VIII at SMP Negeri 16 Medan. The aim of this study were to state clearly the objectives of the study in relation of the problem posed. The objective was to describe how the pattern of IRF in the speaking classroom interaction for students grade VIII at SMP Negeri 16 Medan. This research used qualitative research. The data were collected in two ways by observing by video recording and interviewing. The data was analyzed based on Sinclair and Coulthard theory (1975). The results of this study were the following (1) The language used by the teacher and the students in the classroom interaction was not balance. They are seldom to use English. Both teacher and students used Bahasa for 57% and the rest 43% they use English. (2) The lowest pattern was the teacher’s feedback. It had 22% feedback given by the teacher to the students. The students’ response was the dominant pattern in the classroom interaction rather than initiation. The students’ response had 44%, while the teacher’s initiation had 34%. This pattern happened when the teacher asked students the examples of using ‘can’ and to do some exercises of using ‘can’ in sentences.

Item Type: Thesis (Undergraduate)
Contributors:
ContributionNameNIDN/NIDK
Thesis advisor, Rikanidn0017077812
Thesis advisorUNSPECIFIEDUNSPECIFIED
Call Number: SK-2019 ENG 204
Keywords: Speaking, Classroom Interaction, Initiation-Response-Feedback (IRF) Model
Subjects: L Education > LB Theory and practice of education > LB1603 Secondary Education. High schools
P Language and Literature > P Philology. Linguistics > P95 Oral communication. Speech
P Language and Literature > PE English
Divisions: Fakultas Bahasa dan Seni > Pendidikan Bahasa dan Sastra Inggris
Depositing User: Mrs Elsya Fitri Utami
Date Deposited: 13 Nov 2019 16:26
URI: http://digilib.unimed.ac.id/id/eprint/36617

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item